Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Todays Update..

January 10, 2007 Day +1379 Day 1077 off therapy
Hump day! The week is actually going fast. It was another good one for us. Logan did great in school. He will be upset tomorrow. He has been wantint to carry a book bag like Taylor for a while and he got one for Christmas and they just don’t have room in his new class for them, so he will be leaving a set of clothes in his class closet and leaving the back pack at home. He will be mad! He will still be taking his new John deer lunch box, so he will be happy. He is proud of that lunch box.
Taylor had all kinds of stuff in his bag. He got a new reader and he has to have it signed each night. He has a group of sentences and words to do each week and show his teacher that he can read them. He just can’t get it. I really don’t know if it is just lack of paying attention or a processing thing. He can read map after a 10 minute discussion on it and then look at cap and have no idea even though only one letter is different. We will keep working and he will get it! He is really doing very good. He does good at school, so I think a lot of it is just not wanting to do it and getting frustrated. He also got a behaviour chart. I wish they had had that all year. It is a circle for every day of the week and at the end of the day he has to color it in for the color he was on that day. If it is anything other than green light he will have to mark why he was moved. We have to sign that daily as well. I like that!
My sinuses really kicked in today. I took some meds at work and it made me so sleepy. I fell asleep when I got home. I woke up with that lovely rash all over me. As you recall, I went to the Dr. this summer with it and he said it was an allergic reaction to too much sun, but I have not been in the sun. I have no idea what is causing it. I do know that I am itching like crazy!
Please continue to pray for Taylor’s success against cancer. Pray that he never has face it again. Pray for Jacob and his special visit to clinic yesterday. Pray for Evan and Madison and our new local friend Madison Miller. www.caringbridge.org/visit/madisonmiller Pray for all the families out there still going through the hard part of the journey. Pray for those that are in remission can stay that way. Pray that a cure is found, soon!!!
posted in Latest News 0 Comments
9th January 2007
January 9, 2007 Day +1378 Day 1076 off therapy
Another good day. Logan went right to his new class and did fine. He even used the big potty with no troubles. He is being good as gold, but he is still showing his personality. He ws using the potty and Mrs. Pam was standing there waiting on him to get done. When she asked if he was done he told her, “shut the door and let me poo poo.” The he yells, “i’m done” and when you go in there is a big ole bulls eye stairng at you! I can see into his classroom when I take my class up the stairs to our class. I used to peak in on Taylor when he was in there and just smile at how big he was, so it was rather odd to look in there and see Logan sitting at the table. We have changed my classes snack time, so that we are not in the room with Logan, but I don’t think it will bother him. I have not changed lunch and he still finishes eating and goes to the gym with his class. I give him some “slugars” aka sugars as he calls it. He is growing up!
Taylor had another great day. He got his report card today. It is exactly the same as the last one. He got all satisfactory expect Improving on beginning letters and phonetic spelling. He only missed 3 days this grading period. It made me sad since it was 3 days in the last 6 of the semester and he was at the hospital having scans. It is excused, so it isn’t a big deal, but it is sad that he had to miss for such a reason. He is still on a roll with his green lights. I am so proud! While Guh was here we got to talking about the way he used to talk and he got so tickled. He couldn’t believe that he called gum my sticky or oatmeal huh huh or pizza peet peet. He was so silly!
Guh came over for a little while. I met Gam maw to go to our sorority meeting. The boys were just going to bed when I got home. I gave sugars and hit the bed myself. I had 2 people ask me today if I felt okay and I couldn’t figure out why. It must have been in my eyes as now my sinuses are killing me.
Please pray for Taylor’s continued success. Pray for Jacob who went to clinic today for a “special” visit. Pray for all of our friends who are fighting some illness or injury.

No comments: