Saturday, January 06, 2007

January 6, 2007 Day +1375 Day 1073 off therapy

January 6, 2007 Day +1375 Day 1073 off therapy
Fianlly, we slept late. It was 10:00 before I woke up this morning. Wow, it has been years since I slept that late. I say that like that is something to be proud of. Anyway, I got up and attempted to clean while the kids were gone, but got interested in a Lifetime movie and didn’t get anything done. Jim took off on his bike for some training for the Camp Sam ride of love that he will be particiapting in. You can visit www.campsam.org to get more info on the the ride and stay tuned here for more info on how to sponsor Jim in his ride. He rode 10 miles today which is 140 miles short of the Ride of Love, but 10 miles further than I would have made it. It will take a lot of training, but can you imagine the feeling of pulling into the camp site with all those brave kids watchng and knowing that you did it for them. I know as a parent, what it was like to see them pull in, but this year Jim will get to see if from both sides. Wow! He rode all the way to Paw Paw’s house and then Paw Paw brought him home. We have given him a hard time, but it is all in fun, we didn’t expect him to jump on and got 50 miles. Once they all got back here the boys played outside for hours. They rode every riding toy we own. They are so funny!
Around 3:00 we finally drug them into the house and got cleaned up and went out to eat and to Hobby Lobby to get some cake stuff for Taylor’s Lighning McQueen birthday cake. Taylor has eaten like a horse and even after dinner wanted more to eat, so we swung by the Dairy Queen for some chocolate ice cream. He ate all of his and half of Logan’s. Logan dropped his and it didn’t make too much of a mess, but when I finished cleaning it up and turned to get back in my chair, I saw ice cream on the man across from us pants and shoes. Oops! That wasn’t funny, but he was cute in Hobby Lobby. We were in the silk flower are and he leaned over and sniffed the flowers and said, “mmmm, that smells good.” He is a nut!
We are now home where we are back to normal. Logan is in trouble. He pulled all the little decals off his walls. Those things hung in Taylor’s room for 3 years and he never touched them, they have been in Logan’s room for a week and he has pulled them all off.
Please be in pray for Taylor’s continued success against cancer. Pray for all our friends that are still battling. Pray that 2007 brings the cure!
posted in Latest News 0 Comments
6th January 2007
January 5, 2007 Day +1374 Day 1072 off therapy
TGIF! I never thought I would be glad for a Friday that was the end to a vacation, but I am. I love my boys so very much, but I am ready to send them back to school. I have run into several kids from my class in the last few days and I see the same look in their parents eyes!
Today we ran a few errands and then went back home. We didn’t do much of anything. Logan took a pretty good nap today and he didn’t even go to bed because he was in trouble. We packed their begs to go to Gam maw’s house tonight. Guh came over for a while and played with them. Gam maw and Ghen Ghen came over and we all went to Temps candle party in her new house. Congrats you guys, it is beautiful! Paw Paw and daddy stayed here with the boys and worked on Taylor’s 4 wheeler. He had no brakes and we thought we had big trouble, but it is just out of brake fluid, that is just how that little teeny thing runs, we will have to monitor it and keep it full. All is fine now and he is ready to ride! Once all us girls got home the boys went with Gam maw and Paw Paw and Jim and I went out on the town. It was after midnight when we got home and that has not happened in a long time!
We have a new friend I would like you to pray for www.caringbridge.org/visit/lillieboyte I have some more new friends, but don’t have the sites in front of me, so be on the lookout for some new friends. Please continue to pray for Taylor and his complete healing against this beast. Pray for all of the families out there that are battling some illness or injury.

No comments: