Friday, January 19, 2007

Birthday Update!!!

Birthday update!
Taylor had a great day today. He got to wear the Birthday hat at school and pick a prize from the birthday box. Mrs. Thornton is so cool! He was very excited that Daddy, Paw Paw and Uncle Bob came to eat lunch with him. They took pictures with Paw Paw’s camera phone, so we will get them on here soon. Be sure to scroll down a little ways and see the pictures added. Jim added one from Taylor’s Birthday fried ice cream and one of his MIBG scan from December. Yes, his shoulders are glowing, but that is okay. THe radiologist can tell the difference between normal and disease. This is why I do not look on scan day. The shoulders, knees, bladder, and port all glow. If I were to look, I would self diagnose him as “eaten alive” so I do not look.
On to better topics…. We all went to San Antonio Grill for dinner. We go there a lot and Jim got his picture made there on his Birthday and so did Logan. It was only fair that Taylor get to go too. He was so excited! He wanted to take the hat home. He only at the cool whip off the ice cream, but me and Gam maw ate the rest:) They sang Happy Birthday to him and put whip cream on his nose. It was cute.
The boys went to spend the night at Gam maw and Paw Paw’s house. Jim and I came home and made his cake. It turned out cute. He will like it. We have all the goodies bags made, all the food and drinks bought and ready to go. We are ready to party! It is now 11:13 and I better hit the bed so that I can party hardy tomorrow.
Please praise God today for Taylor’s health and his 6th birthday. Pray for his complete healing and that he never again faces cancer. Pray for Evan who is home home for the weekend, but still has low counts. www.caringbridge.org/visit/evanthomason
posted in Latest News 0 Comments
19th January 2007
My favorite place to eat…
posted in Latest News 0 Comments
19th January 2007
January 19, 2007 Day + 1388 Day +1086 off therapy
Happy Birthday Taylor!!!!!
Wow, I can not believe he is 6 today. When I kissed him goodnight last night, I told him it was my last time to kiss a 5 year old, so make it a good one. He laughed and wiped off the kiss! We made a bet that he would grow a beard over night as he turned 6 and he is convinced this morning that he can feel it! Praise be to God for the miraculous 6th birthday. To turn 6 is huge for any child, but for a child who was only given a 30% chance to live it’s a really big deal. Thank you God for this day and I pray for MANY more birthdays with Taylor.
Friday, January 19, 2001 was a cold, wet, nasty day. We left at 5:00 in the morning headed to St. Vincent’s hospital where a room was waiting on us and an induction was scheduled for 8:30 that morning. Well, true to hospital organization, when we got there we were told to go home and they would call us, there was no room. I cried and cried and told them I would have the baby in the hall if I had to, I wanted it out and I was not leaving! They put us in a tiny waiting room while they tried to figure out what to do about this problem. Lucky for me, in a few minutes they had figured out that the room that was reserved for us was on the 2nd floor not the 3rd and we were soon on our way. We got settled in, got the IV and started getting ready to have a baby. It was my first ever hospital stay and to say that I was nervous is an understatement. They started the pitocin and things went well until centimeter 5 and it stopped. I was hurting, but not bad and it just froze, no more progress. They came in to give me and epidural and to up things and see if we could get it moving. Well, it didn’t work on one side. I was miserable being numb on half my body and hurting on the other. They tried and tried to do it, but it wouldn’t work. They decided on a C-section which was fine by me, I was a chicken! They wheeled me in and moved me to the operating table. Boy, when I looked up and saw those lights, I changed me mind. I decided then and there that I would just keep the baby inside. Dr. D assured me that was not an option! At this point, Jim was still outside. They had told him that if a spinal wouldn’t work then I would be put to sleep and he would not be allowed to come in. If the spinal did work, they would come get him. Well, it didn’t work! Dr. D said he pinched me to see if I was numb, but I swear he cut me, it hurt! They put the mask on me and told me to count backwards from 100 until I fell asleep. On TV they go 99, 98, 97… and they are out. Well, when I hit about 70 I was freaking out that I was going to be awake and in pain through this mess. I eventually went to sleep and it was all over in a matter of minutes. Thank God! However, they never went to tell Jim, so when they opened the door he was waiting to here if he could come in or not and instead saw a seemingly healthy 8lb 4oz Taylor Jameson Watts. I never in my wildest dreams thought our journey would be the one we have taken, but I didn’t have a choice in that matter. I am so grateful for all of you and all of the hospital staffers that have cared for Taylor over the years. Because of God’s healing hands, your prayers and their medical knowledge, we are here today. Happy Birthday Taylor!!!!!
I will update again later. Paw Paw and Jim are going to eat with Taylor today at school and bring his cup cakes. He is thrilled!
posted in Latest News 1 Comment
« go back up to content »
Taylor's Stats:
1389 Days Since Transplant.
1087 Days Off Treatment.
© 2007 Latest NewsTaylorWatts.org All Rights Reserved.
Latest News is proudly powered by www.TAYLORWATTS.org.
To visit past journal entries, go to News Archives.

No comments: