Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Updates all around...

February 7, 2007 Day +1407 Day 1105 off therapy

Hi again. Another perfectly normal day. Today we just did Neosporine and a Clifford bandage on the eye. It is starting to scab and itch now, so we have a whole new set of problems. Taylor was very angry with me this morning. He is so very slow and I had asked him to get dressed several times and he was not doing it. He loves to stand in the door and watch Jim leave, but I didn’t let him today since he was not dressed. He had an all out fit, but he has to learn to get ready faster. If my mom is reading this she is laughing and telling me I earned all this seeing as I was probably slower than he is. However, I do not care if she laughs!

Logan had a melt down this morning too. He loves his “pack pack” and wants to wear it into school, but I make him leave it in the car since there is not much room in his basket. He cried and cried to bring it in today, so I let him. However, once we got in he refused to put it in his basket. I had to talk to him and convince him it would still be there at 1:00. He finally got over it, but it took some doing. I guess we are getting somewhere, he did let me talk rather than just hit the floor in an all out fit.

We picked up Taylor this afternoon and went to the bank before heading home. Taylor was very upset that he forgot his folder today. It has the results from the free vision screening they got today. I would assume all was okay, but he wanted me to have it.

Well, as boring as that was, that is it for us today. I am off to do homework with Taylor so that we can go eat with Gam maw.

Pray for Jacob who had to leave school with fever today. He is a “just off treatment” friend and we know what it is like to leave school for fever.

posted in Latest News | 0 Comments
6th February 2007
February 6, 2007 Day +1406 Day 1104 off therapy

Hello all! Today was a good day. We all had school as usual. Taylor has liquid bandage on his eye again. He was not happy, but oh well. It really doesn’t look that bad now. It is ugly sitting there on his eye, but it isn’t so bad. Hey, it is a normal little boy boo boo! He went to PE today with his class. He loves PE, but I think he was just as happy to sit with Mrs. Thornton.

Logan did not get into trouble today. (hear the sigh of relief) I just don’t know what to do with him. He is just a different bread!! He is doing good in the 3 yr old class. He goes potty all by himself now, on the big potty. Will he do it at home? No. He is coloring better than he was, but still mosty scribble, but I know that Taylor still scribbled when he started that class and he was older. He talks way more than Taylor, obviously if you read yesterday’s update!

I had a sorority meeting tonight, so I was gone. The boys had been fed and taken all meds before I left. They were in bed, but still awake when I got home, so I went in to talk to them. I asked Taylor if daddy put medicine on his eye and he said, “Uh, yes!” I knew better, but I let him slide!

I did all of Logan’s valentine cards today. Taylor sat down and wrote his out by himself. It took forever, but he did it. I don’t think he can read his own writing now that it is done, but he did it. He was so excited! He has it all packed up and ready to go.

Please be in prayer for all of our friends that are fighting their own battles. Pray that Taylor will be healed of cancer forever. Pray that Evan gets to come home home soon. Pray Joey as he contnues toheal from his car crash. Also, all the other friends!!

posted in Latest News | 0 Comments
5th February 2007
February 5, 2007 Day +1405 Day 1103 off therapy

Be sure to read yestrday’s update so you know what happened to Taylor’s eye!

I retaped Taylor this morning. It is opened up pretty wide now. I can not get it to close up now. I don’t guess that is good, but it is too late to try and go to the Dr. now. He isn’t bothered by it, so I guess he is okay. I walked him into class today to tell Mrs. Thornton what happened and to keep an eye out for him. He will not go to PE if they are doing something rough. The kids were so funny asking why he had tape on his face. I went by CVS and got some liquid bandage for it. I bought no sting, but I hear it still stings really bad. I dread it!

Logan is a nut! He told Taylor he was having a baby. Taylor asked how and his answer. Brace yourself for this one! “I ate a boy and it will come out at Christmas”. When asked how it comes out he said, “he will break me apart and put me back together.” There are about 6 pregnant moms in Logan’s class so I assume that is what sparked the baby talk, but it was so funny. I also know that I will be staying out of that classroom there is obvioulsy something in the water!

When we picked Taylor up I could tell that he had been retaped, but he said it only came off at nap time. It is not bleeding at all anymore. He did end up staying with Mrs. Thornton at PE. He didn’t care. He was thrilled that he got to help her hang stuff up. Temp. got us Upwards ball info. Taylor will be playing Upwards ball at Flint Hill. I am glad that he has decided to do something. He is thrilled to get a hat and shirt, but concerned about getting a trophy. I told him if he did his very best and they did not give him a trophy we would go buy one. Logan will not get to play since they have a 4 year old age limit, but he didn’t care. He doesn’t know the difference. I think he would like it if he tried, but he assures me he is too little to play. I am not sure what league Taylor will do. The ages are listed as 4-5 and 1st -5th grades. He is in the middle of that. He is 6 but not in first grade. It is so much cheaper too!

Bath time was fun! Taylor did not want me to mess with the boo boo, but I wanted it good and clean. Once we were out I laid him down and put poroxide on it. Oh yeah, it bubbled like crazy. I feel much better now that that is done! I put the liquid bandage on it while I talked to Guh on the phone. I was done and had cleaned up the mess and he had not said a word, so I thought it must not be hurting. It must have had to seep in because after a minute or two he went bonkers! It didn’t last too long. I hope it is working, I would feel better if it was covered. I haven’t decided how to send him to school tomorrow. I put neosporine on it after school, so hopefully that will help too.

Well, I guess that is it. I am happy to be reporting on normal, little boy boo boos rather than hickmans and blodd draws. Please keep all our friends in prayer!

posted in Latest News | 0 Comments
4th February 2007
February 4, 2007 Day +1404 Day 1102 off therpary

What a day! We spent all morning keeping the house clean. That is a job as hard as getting the house clean. Guh came over around 1:00 and read with them and played cars. Taylor has already completed 170 minutes out of 360 for his Six Flags ticket. He is so exctied!

Around 2:00 the jewelry lady got here and I sent the kids down stairs. We may never know exactly what happened, but I guess that doesn’t matter. Me being the “only kid” just doesn’t get it, but I guess that doesn’t matter either. Anyway, we heard a svream from the playroom. I ignored it at first thinking it was just fighing, but I could soon tell that it was a real cry. I heard Jim say what happened but still wasn’t overly concerend with it. All of a sudden Taylor’s cries got louder and more intense and I heard Jim say, “just calm down” and I knew it was bad. They started up the stairs and he tells me not to freak out at the same time that Taylor is rounding the corner with blood running down his face from his EYE! according to Logan (who stayed down stairs scared to death) he just “touched” him and he fell over. Somehow Taylor fell into the corner of the train table and cut his eye between his eye lid and brow. It probably really needed a stitch or two, but where it was we really didn’t think they would. He got cleaned up and calmed down pretty quick and we taped it up and he went on about his day.

There were not many of us at the party, but we had a good time. Jim left to go get gam maw and Paw Paw from the airport. We met them at their house for dinner. We all got lots of goodies. Thanks Gam maw and Paw Paw! Taylor ate like a pig as usual and Logan barely touched his. Taylor’s eye continued to bleed on and off all night. If he would calm down a little I am sure it would help. he also doesn’t like that tape and pulls at it, so it will not stay pulled together. I am sure he will have a nasty scar, but I guess that is okay.

Once we got home we retaped the eye and tucked everyone in. I have to say I went to bed a little upset about rather or not we should have gone on to the ER, but it was too late then. I guess as long as it stays clean we will be okay!

Please be in prayer for our friends that are fighting their own fights. Pray for Evan who got put inpatient with fever, but he did get to see some snow first! www.caringbridge.org/visit/evanthomason Pray for Morgan who always follows Taylor or vice versa. She had some stragne pains in early January. They seem to be gone,but we know how scary it is. www.caringbridge.org/nc/morganbarnes Pray for Sarah’s mom, Becky, who had her own stay in the hospital. The situation is not funny, but she is so funny that you can’t help but laugh when you read the update. www.caringbridge.org/nc/sarahsmith Pray for Taylor to be cancer free forver! Pray his eye will heal okay.

No comments: