Thursday, February 15, 2007

Feb 11, 2007 Day +1411 Day +1109 off therapy

Februaury 11, 2007 Day +1411 Day +1109 off therapy
Hello there. We had another low key day and hung out at home for the most part. We all slept late which was nice, but we missed church. We have not been real good the last few weeks. I guess it is the cold that has kept us dragging, but that is no excuse, we have to get back in routine.

Anyway, we hung out at home. The boys played camping most of the day. Pippy came over for a little while and they had to show him everything in the house and how wild they can be. Speaking of wild, let me tell about last nights drama. There is never a dull moment around here!

I probably say don’t run about 1,000 times a day. However, no one listens. Taylor was eating pizza at about 8:00 last night and he was running in circles around the living room while doing it. He had socks on and slipped and took a nose dive into the hardwood floor. He stood right back up and started to scream. He was doing this very odd, short and high pitched screams, like a signal. It was setting the alarm off. I had to yell at him to stop the screaming to be able to even see what had happened. He had blood coming out of his mouth and nose. My first thought was, how are his platelets. Isn’t it funny that those little cancer mom things never go away. Anyway, we went to the sink where we saw that he had busted his top lip pretty bad but no teeth were knocked out nor any new ones loose. I didn’t think about it at the time that some may have been damaged, but I guess you can’t tell with all the silver and they are about to fall out. We will wait and see if we have any concerns. He didn’t say any teeth hurt and believe me I wiggled them all. He said his nose didn’t hurt, but it is swollen and it bled for a while. He looked awful when he went to bed. He looked like he did after sinus surgery, all puffy. His lip was really fat. He now really looks like he has been in a fight after the eye injury last weekend which is looking great. Today he looks fine. His nose is a little swollen on the inside, but looks okay. I thought it was bleeding this morning, but it was just the snot making the dried up blood come out. We did a saline treatment and got it all out. He must have knocked his sinuses loose because we got out a ton of snot when we did the saline and his nose has not ran all day. Maybe there was some good in that face first fall. He has a nice looking sore on his lip, but he says it doesn’t hurt. He didn’t have any trouble eating or brushing his teeth today. I am very happy to report on normal illness and injury rather than cancer things, but I am a little scared of what the future will hold if his track record keeps up. Oh, and no, he has still not stopped running!

We did meet Gam maw and Paw Paw for some Mexican food. It was yummy! We went to Walmart and Gam maw got Logan a new car seat. He now has a big boy seat like Taylor. I know you are all thinking the same thing I did, he is too little. I think Taylor may have been older when he got one, but Lgoan is bigger. Logan is only a few inches shorter and 2 pounds lighter than Taylor is. He is so excited. I worry about him trying to unbuckle, but he has shocked us with everything else he has done, so I am going to give him some credit on this one. It will be some much easier now to travel and move car seats and stuff. I miss my baby and I know that soon I will not have my little cuddle bug, but it is nice to lose the diaper bag and all that other stuff that you have to tote with a little one.

Well, I guess that was enough excitement for one day. I will be back with more tomorrow. Please pray that Taylor has no more accidents. Pray he has no cancer in his body ever again. Speaking of, Taylor gets CURE magazine and JIm was looking through it yesterday and came across a very beautiful sentence. Now, keep in mind that this was a general statement about cancer and that NB is very aggressive and has a mind of its own and that this may not really apply, but it is a very positive and hopeful thing and I plan to keep it in mind. It said that people that had all of their tumor removed at time of surgery had less chance of relapse. Taylor did indeed have all of his tumor resected on that first surgery as well as the adrenal glad where it originated. Pretty cool huh, let us all pray that this is a true statement for Taylor. Also, pray for Evan who had some excitement while at home and had to go the ER. www.caringbridge.org/visit/evanthomason

No comments: