Sunday, February 04, 2007

Feb 1,

February 1, 2007 Day +1401 Day 1099 off therpary
Wow, here we go again, flying through the months. It will be time for Christmas again before we know it. Time sure does fly the older you get.

I failed to mention yesterday that it was Taylor’s 50th day on green light in a row. Wow! Remember he set a goal long ago to get to 100 and he seems to be doing good so far. Now there are only 83 days left according to Taylor, so he doesn’t have room for error:) He has done very well which I do believe is prrof that he is maturing as we go along. He was getting in trouble for petty things in the beginning of the year that he has learned to control.

I also spoke too soon on Logan taking his medicine good. This morning was pure torure for us both. Taylor watched the whole thing with his mouth wide open and then had the nerve to say, “I take my mediine good.” I very quickly told him that he acted just like that. He just grinned. I shot about half a teaspoon in Logan’s mouth and he started gagging. I gave him a drink and he gagged about half of it down. We did the other half of the syringe very, very slowly with a drink after every little drip of medicine. He got it down and kept it down, but it is going to be a long 10 days. I did learn that I need to give meds before he gets dressed! The problem is that he does not like to eat breakfast and he needs food with it. I took yogurt with us and he ate it at school, so hopefully that will help. Augmenton does not bother Taylor’s tummy at all. Logan has never had it, but isn’t bothered by the other meds he gets. I have my fingers crossed that the freshly potty trained man doesn’t have any issues that cause troubles.

Taylor made it to day 51 on green light today. He is so very excited. He sang I’m a little snowman all the way home. He is eating now, go figure! He has some homework that we will get to after his snack. Logan is napping. He complained of his ear hurting while he was running today, but he seems to be feeling better. Taylor actually seems to be getting worse with his meds. I am sure it is the weather and just a cold that hit at this time, but I was hoping he would clear up with all the new stuff he is on. Oh well! We will just keep in trying.

Please be in prayer for Taylor’s continued success. Pray for Evan, www.caringbridge.org/visit/evanthomason Pray for Madison, www.caringbridge.org/madisonbeck Pray for Bradley who had surgery on his mouth today. I hear he has been a trooper, way to go Bradley!!! Pray for all of our friends who are battling!

No comments: