Sunday, February 18, 2007

2-18

Februaury 18, 2007 Day +1418 Day +1116 off therapy
What a night. Taylor slept with us. He slept all night, but he tossed and turned and talked in his sleep a lot. He was at 102 all night. I was a worried mess. I finally remembered that we have cooling gel sheets to lower fevers. I bought it ages ago when Taylor was not even diagnosed yet. I put one on his forhead and gave him some more Tylenol and within a few minutes he was cooling down. He still had fever, but he must have felt better, he went into a deep sleep. I finally went back to sleep too. We woke up at about 8:30 this morning. He had one arm out of his pj’s and he thought that was funny. He also still had a 102 temp. UURGH! I am starting to get upset. He did sweat a lot last night, so I hope that we are nearing the end. I gave him more Tylenol and he got up to get dressed. He ended up throwing up som snot. It was a lot and it upset him, so he ended up back in pj’s and not wanting pancakes anymore. He also had a little accident and pooped in his pants. It was pure water but I am not sure what caused it. He has not had enough meds to upset his tummy nor has he eaten enough to have something bad. He never did more, so I don’t know what that was. He ate 3/4 a cheese sandwich and tried to take his meds. He has a pill form now (after puking up any liquid meds that went in his mouth, I traded it for a pill) that I am cutting into tiny bits and putting in pudding. He did great last night, but this morning he puked on every bite, but I think that was the pudding. It was oreo pudding and we had gotten into the white part rather than the chocolate and he didn’t like it. I put the rest in yogurt and he was fine. It is going to be a very long 10 days, but it can’t be any worse than Friday night. It took a battle to get maybe 1/2 tsp in him. He puked if any of the augmentin hit his tongue. We just threw it in the trash and had the Dr. call in a pill.

It is now about 12:30 and he is sitting at 98.4. I am still pumping him with Tylenol, but I hope that we are done with fever. He is very stuffy sounding and not much is coming out when we saline. I hope the meds kick in soon and take care of it. He is also complaining of it burning to TT. I am wondering if maybe he has a UTI and that too has elevated his counts??? I absolutely hate this!!! It is so unfair to live like this. I know that I bring it on myslef. I know that he is still a kid and he will get normal illnesses, but no illness is normal in this house. We are in constant fear! Please pray for me not to blow it out of proportion. Pray that he does indeed just have a sinus infection or UTI that the meds will fix, soon!!! Pray that no cancer is in his body now or ever again!!!

I guess I am happy to report that they boys are fighting like cats and dogs and making a huge mess. Taylor has not had any snacks which is odd, but he is jumping and running and laughing. Praise God! More later…….

No comments: