Sunday, February 18, 2007

FEVER It Sucks!

Update #2
I just thought I would come back before I left for the night. Taylor was freezing when I left you last and I took him temp and it was still 102. I took it with several thermometers and under his arm and under his tongue and still got the same answer. I can not understand how it was normal at the Dr and so high at home. I guess that is par for the course. Anyway, we all laid down for about an hour. Taylor was huddled up in the floor in his room so I put him in my bed and turned cartoons on. Logan came in and laid down too. I never thought that would last, but he laid down just as sweet. No one went to sleep, but we had a nice little rest time all cuddled up together. I miss that when Taylor was little. He would lay with me everyday. I guess Taylor laid there becasue he thought he had to because he asked if he could get up ”now” like I was making him be there. They got up and played while I packed their stuff for Guh’s house. Taylor has had more Tylenol and it has been 2 hrs since the last dose and his temp is still 102 and he still feels cool to me. I am not sure what it is. He is kind of stuffy, but seems to feel just fine. He is playing great. The only difference is he is not eating non stop like he usually is at the point in the day. He is a little more whiney and Logan just hit his hand with a car so he is acting like he has been beat with a bat. Logan is in his bed screaming because he got in trouble. Oh, the drama!

Did you know that 15 years ago today, Jim asked me to be his girlfriend. Wow, that is a long time! I was 13 years old and I am sure I had visions of wedding dresses in my head as well as kids and a house with a white picket fence. Boy, we got that and more. Well, that is a lie, we don’t have a picket fence! I certainly never dreamed that our lives would have even had the word cancer in it much less the cancer being in my baby. However, that is what we were dealt and we will continue to face those fears that go with it for years to come. I know God is with us as well as all of you. We praise God and thank you all!

Okay, we are off to get meds and Jim and go to Guh’s house. Jim and I are going to go see Norbit. I think it will be very funny which I need a good laugh. I am feeling very confident that Taylor is fine and will let this bug run its course and be back to normal. Please join us in that prayer. Have a great weekend!

posted in Latest News | 0 Comments

16th

February

2007Februaury 16, 2007 Day +1416 Day +1114 off therapy
Please say a prayer for our little man. He went to bed last night with a fever after complaining of neck pain all afternoon. He can look down with no problem, but can not look up. It is always something to put me over the edge. Anyway, he woke up with fever and he is going to the Dr today. I will update later with results. Please pray it is nothing….

What a day! The plan was for Jim to take Taylor and I was going to go to work and when I got off I was going to pick Taylor up from Jim’s work. No such luck. Jim wasn’t out of the subdivision yet when his car started doing something crazy and he had to come back home. He was going to drop me off at work, but once we thought about that meaning he had to bring Taylor back to me at 1:00 and then me take him back to work and pick him up, we decided that I would just call in. It would have cost me a days pay to drive back and forth to Hoover that much. Anyway, the whole family went to the Dr. since there wasn’t enough time to get Jim to work first. It wasn’t too bad of a wait for Greenvale standards. Dr. P looked him over and you know I asked if he felt anything in the tummy which he did not. He is a little snotty, watery eyes and a pink throat. He did a strep test but it was negative and he did a CBC. All counts were normal, but his white count was 16,000. I will admit that I don’t like that, but he assures us it is okay and it is probably a sinus thing plus a bacterial thing. I did have 5 kids out yesterday in my class, so somthing probably is going around. We have a script for Augmentin for the next 10 days. He doesn’t seem to feel bad, but at the same time he does. He isn’t eating great, but he can be bribed to eat and I really feel like if he truly did not feel good enough to eat then he wouldn’t do it. He polished off 5 chicken fingers last night and 1/2 a grilled cheese today. He did not have fever at the Dr, but it is now 101 again. I am starting to question my thermometer because he really doesn’t feel that hot to me. He is playing fine, but is extra whiney. He said earlier that his neck didn’t hurt at all anymore, but then later it did. However, it did hurt when I asked him to put something away. Hmmmm….That is what I hate, he is just not old enough to be able to tell how much is real and how much is a tactic to get out of something.

We are home now, he actually wanted to go to school, but I didn’t think there was much need in checking in at 1:00. I will pick up his meds on the way to pick up Jim. They are staying with Guh tonight. Well, gotta go. Taylor is begging to be covered up to watch TV. He must still have fever because it isn’t that cold in here and his teeth are chattering. He has had fevers like this 100’s of times with sinus issues, but they are never easy to get through as a cancer mom. Please pray that that is all it is and that he will be back to normal very soon.



posted in Latest News | 0 Comments

15th

February

2007Sign Taylor’s Guestbook!
http://taylorwatts.org/messagebook.php?agbook=addentry

No comments: