Thursday, February 15, 2007

Today

February 15, 2007 Day +1415 Day +1113 off therapy
Hello there. Today was yet another great day. Logan sat in time out for hitting a friend who tried to play with him. I don’t know what I am going to do with him. He is going to be the class bully. Taylor on the other had was thrilled with another green light day, a lunch helper job and he got to take names when the teacher left the room. Wow, what a day! I remember when being chosen to take names when the teacher left was the best job you could ever get.

After school we all came home and started on the laundry. I told Logan that he could stay up if he was nice and he blew that about 5 minutes after we came in the door. Taylor was playing leggos in the living room and Logan walked up and kicked it and tore it up. Boy, he is so mean! I put him to bed where he cried and then got over it and fell asleep.

Taylor is selling coupon books for $15. We will be turning in all money on Friday, Feb. 23rd, so if you are interested get in touch with me quick! I am also getting out of Mary Kay, so if you are looking for something get in touch with me to see if I have what you need.

Well, that is about the end of our day. We have done homework and packed luches, so we are ready to hang out until bath time. Have a great night. Keep all of our friends in your prayers!



posted in Latest News | Edit | 0 Comments

14th

February

2007February 14, 2007 Day +1414 Day +1112 off therapy
Happy Valentine’s Day!!!

Today was aprty day for Taylor and he was so excited. He was so eager to give out those Cars cards with pencils. They partied all day I think. He has talked nonstop about it. He visited with his 5th grade buddy which he loves! He played a trick on Mr. Jackson with cool whip, but I don’t know the details. He gets so tickled when he tries to tell that I can not understand it. He is so funny!

Today is day 60 on green light. Wow, his goal of 100 days is getting nearer. I will be in serious trouble if he gets to it as he has a list of wants a mile long. That will be a long trip to Wal mart. He also made a huge desicion today. He wants to play ball at McAdory. Daddy is going to go sign both boys up this weekend. Wont practice be fun? I am glad he decided to play with his buddies. I just hope the new, bigger field doesn’t upset him.

Jim and I took the boys over to Gam maw and Paw Paw’s for a while so that we could run to Lowe’s and to eat. Jim is trying to make that contraption that was in the paper this weekend to make snow. Somehow you hook up a compressor and pressure washer and if it is 27 or below outside you get snow. He says it is like rocket science, but he is working on it. Watch it snow for real the night he gets it all fixed up!

Well, it is another normal day for us, thank God. We are so blessed. Please be in prayer for all of our friends who are still fighting! We love you all, Happy Valentine’s Day!

posted in Latest News | Edit | 0 Comments

13th

February

2007February 13, 2007 Day +1413 Day +1111 off therapy
Hello all. Today was party day for us at PDO and it was crazy! We had a fairly normal day up unitl noon when we started the party. It was kind of a mad house. I didn’t even get to see my class at the party. I went with Logan. I miss Taylor not being there, but it was so much easier to only have to try and be with one kid instead of two. Logan didn’t really care too much about passing out Valentine’s. He liked the art center where he got to use a glue stick.

Logan also got his first Birthday invitation today. He is so excited that he gets to go to a pals party this time. Taylor is not real thrilled that he doesn’t get to go, but he doesn’t understand that he does that stuff all the time and Logan gets left out.

Taylor had another green light day. Yahoo! He also got his progress report today. Wow, did we worry too soon. He was tested for Initial sounds, Letter naming, phoneme segmentation and nonsense word fluency. They have 1 minute for each test. His scores were Initial sounds 18 his winter goal was 25, so he was a little behind. Letter naming 38 and a goal of 27, wow! Phoneme seg. 43 with a goal of 18, double wow! nonsense words 23 with a goal of 13. I don’t stress over the nonsense words at all since I personally find it kind of stupid for them to learn all year to sound out letters to make a word and now we are slapping words in front of them don’t spell anything. A waiste of time if you ask me. However, no one asked me, so as long as he is benchmarked, I am okay. The letter sounds he knows very well, but gets a little stressed and confused with the timer going, so we are not worried about that either.

The weather was awful this afternoon. We ended up going to the basement and sitting, but it never even rained here at out house. The bad stuff was only a few miles away. The kids sat in the playroom and went through Logan’s Valentine goodies and had a grand time.

posted in Latest News | Edit | 0 Comments

12th

February

2007February 12, 2007 Day +1412 Day +1110 off therapy
Happy Monday. What a beautiful day. It was so nice to see the 60’s again after all this cold we have had. Logan went home with Carson today to play for a while. I went to the car wash and sat peacefully in car pool. I could do that all day. I had a book, a cold drink and nice breeze coming in, it was a nice little break. Once I got Taylor we took advantage of Logan not being there and went to Wal-mart. I just needed a few things, but it is a huge ordeal with both boys. After our trip to Wal mart I went to get Logan. He was not happy about me coming and told me to leave. He was having such a good time. Thanks Sarah for letting him come over.

Once we got home we played outside. Taylor was really ticked off that his 4 wheeler was out of gas, but he didn’t cry or act up, he just got something else. Logan was a bit on the grumpy side since he had no nap, but he did okay. Pippy came over again and they played ball for a while. I cleaned out my car and it looks so much better. You all should have been a fly on the wall of the do it your self car wash. I am not fast enough and it was stressing me out that I would run out of time with soap on my car. I kept knocking myself in the head with the hose or wrapping it around the mirrors and getting jerked back. Crazy! I missed a few spots, but it still is much cleaner that it was.

We had dinner with Gam maw and Paw Paw and Chris and Temp. The boys had a blast playing for a little while. They are all like little stepping stones in age and size, but Logan is soon going to pass them both. He doesn’t eat worth a flip where as the other two eat all the time, but he is the big one.

Oh well, I guess I am just rambling now. I have nothing to report. We had a normal day with no crashes, nose dives etc. Thank goodness! Please be in prayer for Taylor’s continues success as well as all of our friends.

No comments: