Wednesday, June 20, 2007

June 19th, a very good day!

Update: If you haven’t read todays update below then this part wont make since yet! Taylor will go back to see Dr. B on Sept. 18th. That is only 3 months rather than 6, but I am not complaining. I am perfectly happy to see him every 3 months, in fact, I prefer it! He will have blood and urine and that is it. I had hoped for scans, but it is really past time to do scans according to the protocol. So, I guess that is a good thing though nerve racking! He weighed in at 39 pounds and 43 inches. Back in March he was 39 pounds and 42 inches. He eats like a horse, so I guess he is going up rather than out. As long as he is not losing weight we are okay. I got one more bit of good news. My best friend Temperance called me and she is having a girl! yeah, I finally get a girl to spoil and I didn’t have to do the work!! Congrats to Chris, Temp and Christian. Christian is excited because he thinks paw paw can’t take a girl fishing! How funny! Please check on Evan too. The sound of the update makes me think prayers are needed. Thanks to all of you for checking on us. Your prayers were heard and answered!!!

Praise be to God the visit went great!!!! I can’t even tell you the burden that has been lifted from my shoulders. God has answered many prayers this week by giving me peace and comfort, but this is the best answer ever. Now granted he did not get scans, so we didn’t get to see in his body. Dr. Berkow knows his stuff and if he says labs look good and the check up is good then I am good too. It will be about a week before we hear the urine results, but there is no reason to expect them to be anything but normal.

Gam maw, Paw Paw and all the “cruisers” out there, ya’ll have a big margarita for us!

It was a long day for me. Jim called off the bat worried about his weight, so I start to panic that something is wrong. Well, it was just that he thought he had weighed a lot more back in March, but he didn’t. Taylor called me at 10:15 to tell me that he was going to go swimming after the Dr and that he didn’t even cry when they stuck his arm. As you may recall he went ape in March when she tried to poke him. Par for the course he did just fine for daddy! They were waiting on the Dr and then they would be done. At 11:40 I was about to go nuts wondering what was taking so long, why was Dr. B talking so much. I finally called them and they were at Chick Fil A!!! Oh my, all that worry and they were eating chicken!

Jim had to get to work, so I haven’t even talked to him. He has an appoinment in September, but I honestly do not even know if he will scan or what. He had an echo if his heart, but again, I do not know the results. I would assume they were okay since she was in no hurry to get them read and no one said anything. He has not had any damage to the heart and since he has not had chemo in 4 years there should be no more damage, but that is part of the protocol to have it checked out once a year.

I will update with more details as I know them. I just wanted you all to know that Dr. B said he was fine. Join us in sending thanks and praise to the Lord for this wonderful news!!! Pray that Evan is having good news today too. www.caringbridge.org/visit/evanthomason The boys are down in the playroom making a big mess or at least that is what it sounds like they are doing. I am just happy to hear it today.

No comments: